Fund for Siouxland
Application Available: February 15
Application Deadline: Noon, May 15
Final Determinations: Late June
The Fund For Siouxland, an unrestricted, endowment fund, provides the Siouxland Community Foundation with the greatest flexibility to respond to the ever-changing needs in Siouxland communities. Contributors (individuals, families, corporations and other foundations) have made an investment in the future of Siouxland by helping to build our community’s charitable endowment.
Arts & Culture: Provide or increase access to cultural and educational resources for theatre, music, arts, dance, museums.
Civic Affairs: Community betterment, citizen participation, parks & recreation.
Education: Early childhood development and parental involvement, improve educational outcomes especially for those at risk, promote higher educational opportunities.
Health: Assist communities in the promotion and maintenance of physical and mental health.
Human Services: Address and serve the needs of the elderly, youth, families, handicapped, economically disadvantaged, minorities or other special groups.
Grants are made for charitable purposes to nonprofit organizations and qualified units of government that:
• Serve the greater Siouxland tri-state area (approximate 80-mile radius of Sioux City, Iowa). Proposals are considered on the basis of whether they help the Foundation fulfill its mission of enhancing the quality of life in Siouxland.
• Are recognized as tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
• Adhere to the principle that no discrimination will be practiced as to race, religion, sex or national origin.
Priority consideration is given to projects that:
• Are developed in collaboration with other agencies and promote the elimination of duplicated services.
• Address new and emerging needs, or demonstrate creative solutions to existing problems.
• Demonstrate sound financial plans for future funding.
• Benefit larger rather than smaller numbers of people within the Siouxland area.
Lower priority consideration is given to prior year grant recipients.
Generally, the Siouxland Community Foundation will not consider grants for the following:
Religious purposes Annual fund drives
Political activities Capital campaigns
Endowment General operating
Individuals Budget deficit
School playground equipment or uniforms
Fund for Siouxland grants generally do not exceed $5,000.
Each year the Foundation receives many more requests than it can support. Therefore, decisions are based on the number of proposals received, worthiness of the project, relative need, and potential impact – resulting in the greatest good for the greatest number of people.
Grant recipients must provide the Foundation with a final report detailing expenditures and grant achievements.
Fund for Siouxland Grant Application