Cloy & Connie Olhausen Scholarship
Application Available: November 1
Application Deadline: February 1
Final Determinations: April 15
BACKGROUND: In 2011, the Cloy & Connie Olhausen Scholarship was established within the Hartley Community Foundation (HCF), an affiliate of the Siouxland Community Foundation headquartered in Sioux City, Iowa.
PURPOSE: The purpose of the scholarship program is to assist graduating high school seniors in their pursuit of a nursing degree at a post-secondary educational institution.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (out of 4.0), be pursuing a nursing degree, and be graduating high school seniors from one of the following schools:
• Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn High School in Hartley, IA
• Sibley-Ocheyedan High School in Sibley, IA
• Sheldon High School in Sheldon, IA
• South O’Brien High School in Paullina, IA.
SELECTION CRITERIA: Selection of recipients is based on such factors as scholastic performance while in high school, good character, participation in extracurricular school activities, work history, financial need, and essay evaluation.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD: Maximum of $7,500.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Application must be received by the February 1 deadline and must include the following:
• Completed online application
• First two pages of parents’/guardians’ most current U.S. Income Tax Return (Form 1040)
• Two (2) “Character Counts” recommendations
• Acceptance Letter from the nursing program
• Official high school transcript
This scholarship is a part of the SCF common application. Click here to apply.